mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, April 6, 2015

He lives...we live

Let's just say conference is better than christmas! holy cow. I was wiped out after all of the spiritual inspiration I received. I loved loved loved the talk about Grace by Pres. Uchtdorf. my comp and I have been focusing a lot on the grace of christ, it just seemed that everything we have been focusing on and studying was talked about in conference, including the Fall. crazy Spirit. 

I had a lot of questions that God answered through his servants. As my time comes to a close on the mission I have been doing a lot of reflecting on what I have learned and how I have changed. This conference really helped me reflect and focus on the little things that continue to help in my conversion. We can never stop doing the little basics. Sometimes they may seem pointless but the basics are the links that hold our anchor secure in Christ. Without the chain, the anchor is not secured to anything. 

I loved all of the talks to be honest, but Holland's also really touched my heart. It seriously brought me to tears. I know Christ is our older brother, His hands are ready to catch us when we have no hope and feel we are going to fall. We cannot lose hope, we can not give up...Christ is here with us. When we stumble, we have to get back up, dust ourselves off, and try again. That is what "Grace" is, the opportunity to try again and again, no matter how many times we mess up. Christ already paid, He paid it ALL... for every single one of us. But it all starts with a desire to follow Christ and then builds on following the principles of the gospel. And then we need to truly understand the atonement so we may keep growing and progressing to become more like Christ. 

Our future is as bright as our faith! So, is your faith dim? If so... change it. Find the light in the distance and do everything in your power to move towards it even when you lose sight, keep moving in the right direction. 

I could talk for hours about what I learned and all the notes I took, but now that we have been spiritually uplifted and have received revelation for our lives are we going to go back doing the same things, expecting different results? No! It doesn't work that way. We have to develop a plan for how we are going to change, and what we are going to work on. I love this gospel because it always allows growth and accepts failure because at least if signifies that we are trying. Do not ever plateau, we are here on earth to progress and move forward. 

That is my advice :) haha Sorry, missionary mode always. I am still with Hermana Farner :) I think we are going to die together ojalá porfaaaa (I hope so...please). bueno the sector is going well, searching for a lot of new... trying to get the menos activos a permanecer (less actives to stay). Yo amo mi llamamiento, es lo mejor que hay de verdad. (I love my calling, it's the best there is...that is the truth) ahh :) 

I hope you all has the time to reflect on christ and to think of what it means to you that Christ LIVES. 

love from Chile
Hermana Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment