mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, April 27, 2015

christ lives

Well, the mission office let me know they officially bought my plane ticket home... ahh. Seriously, I am learning to enjoy every minute because man does time go fast!! 

This week we met with quite a few investigadores tenemos: Rosalìa, Gloria, Mauricio y Sylvia, Julio, y Nice. They are all super bueno. My comp and I were studying in chapter 9 de PMG and if the people seriously have an interest you will know through how they listen. All of these investigadores we have are solid! They truly listen with their hearts. I know angels are preparing their hearts. Alma13:24. Julio is so awesome! He is 94 but accepted a fecha for the 16 of May! He is reading and praying, though it is a little hard because his wife is 97 and is sick.They both have a couple of years on their belts, but they prove it is never too late to come to Christ. They are truly so special. We are in a pretty religious area because it is very poor so people have a lot of faith in God. 

Miracle! Last week we found an inactiva se llama Aldey and she came to church yesterday!! We went outside and here she comes walking towards us with the biggest smile on her face. She is adorable, she is 27 and has been inactive for about 7 years. The last time we were with her she expressed her deep desire to have a baby and I have been praying for her future family and then she calls us to tell us she's pregnant! haha God is good :)
We went to a funeral at the church on Tuesday, it was for the son of the ex-bishop, he was 18 years old. It was really sad to see so many of the people there anguished because they do not have a knowledge of the gospel and eternal families. We were able to sing a lot of hymns and the hymn "I know that my Redeemer Lives" took on a whole new meaning for me. Because Christ overcame death, every single one of us will too. It is such a grand gift from god. Seriously, I cannot express the love I have for my Savior and my gratitude for all of the sacrifices He made for me. 

Oh Cole! We found some haitianos that we are teaching and they speak french... they spoke a little and I could pick up some of the words but, wow, the accent... eek! 

What are the evidences of 'your' Faith will you leave behind?

Christ lives. 
les quiero,
Hermana Thompson

Zone Leader Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment