mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, March 16, 2015

I am a Mormon Missionary

Welcome home Brittany!! That went by so fast... I can't believe it!
Happy Birthday to Brandon Cruz, Daniella, Jordan, and Eric this upcoming week!!
AND of course a Happy Happy Birthday to DAD!! I hope you have an awesome day! Thanks for being the best daddy ever :)

Week of miracles! Okay, let's be honest every week is full of miracles, but this week blew me away. God is so amazing. He is doing so much work here in Ochagavìa. We had a jovèn se llama (young one named) "H" come to church for the first time in years. I seriously shed a couple of  tears when I saw him come in the chapel with his button-up shirt on. We have been working hard with him. We had an awesome lesson this saturday about the expiacion (atonement). wow. His face totally changed during the lesson when we talked about the healing and forgiving power of the atonement. I LOVE teaching everyone about the sacrifice of Christ and what it means for every single one of us. It is something so special, and it applies to every one...offers the hope we need to continue on. Needless to say we had an awesome "GAME DAY" yesterday. We had 13 menos activos (less actives) at church and 3 of them for the first time in YEARS. 

Oh, I forget to mention "P", she is the daughter of an inactiva (inactivethat we went to visit on Saturday, the mom wanted her daughter to go to clases de ingles (english classso she came out to talk with us...ended up sharing with us, came to clases de ingles, then to church, and also a baptism yesterday!!! We are going by today to put a baptism date with her for this sunday!! miracles exist. God prepares people. 

We saw Meet the Mormons!! oh. my. gosh. I got teary eyed, it is so powerful! It inspired me so much to change the world through MY personal family. I love being a mormon. It makes me proud. Stand for truth and righteousness. 

I want to testify of the power we have to help those we see in need on the street. One of our menos activos (less actives) was at a park with her kid and saw these 2 little boys smoking... she went over to talk to them and find out what was up. Long story short, they are brothers, 12 years old and 6. Their step-dad is an inactive member...anyway, she invited them to the clases de ingles that we do on saturdays. They showed up and they even came to church on sunday by themselves and in white shirts. It is wonderful to see how much this member cares about these boys in such a short period of time. She has such a desire to help them reach their bright future. She seriously inspires me...she has so much love for everyone. True disciple of christ. 

There is nothing better than being a missionary. In dedicating all of your time to serving the Lord and helping your brothers and sisters find the truth and feel joy in their lives.  It is really eternal joy. 

I love being a part of this work. LETS GOOOO

dyc 123:17 
Hermana Thompson



No comments:

Post a Comment