mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Change is Real

I just want to express how much I LOVE my mission. Everyone always says "it is the best 18 months" and it is true...you have to experience it to know. Serving the Lord and the Chilean people the last year and a half has been the hardest thing I have ever done by far, but oh so rewarding! I have experienced so many miracles; been able to be an instrument in god's hands. I have watched many people change their lives, leave behind bad habits, addictions and temptations in order to follow Christ. The blessings are so grand, BUT the biggest change by far has been in me. Oh how the gospel has really entered and clung to my heart. The gospel has become a part of who I am. I have learned to pick myself up when I fall, to trust in Christ when He carries me, because I cannot do it on my own. Wow. The Atonement is real. Christ lives. His grace is inifinite. I am so grateful for Christ's sacrifice. I may not know him perfectly still, but I am working on that and I will continue working on it all of my life because eternal life comes thru knowing God and Christ. Through Christ, every one of us can change if we so desire. We can turn back to god. This morning I was studying about the Restoration and wow, every time I think of this Work, it blows my mind. the gospel is so amazing. God's Plan is so perfect, He is integrated into every single part of all of our life. I know Jose Smith was a prophet of god, I know he received the same Priesthood Keys that Christ gave to his apostles. This is the Church of Christ!!! 

I know Christ lives. I will forever treasure my mission as a sacred time and hold those memories dear. 

Now that hermana Farner has returned home, I am in a trio with hermana Wagner y hermana McQuinn. It is going to be a crazy week.. 

See ya later

lots of love and hugs
Hermana Thompson



No comments:

Post a Comment