mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Every soul is important to God

Javiera and Agustin were baptized this last saturday!! I can not even express the emotions I was feeling that day... a little stressed, anxious, but oh so happy. It was kind of crazy getting everything worked out, we could definitely feel the adversary working against us. There is opposicion in all things right?! Satan is dumb but we just have to keep fighting against him. He knows our potential and does not want us to get anywhere near reaching it! He puts things in our way as obstacles to stop us from progressing. The family of javiera and agustin have received cualquier desafio (every challenge) thrown at them, seriously... I am amazed at how strong they are. Especially the kids, they have such a strong desire to follow Christ and do the things he did while He was here. This family has taught me so much about trusting in the Lord and even though things may be bad temporarily, we control the spiritual side of our lives. We may choose how we look at things. God gave us that great gift of Agency. We talked a lot about agency yesterday in principos del evangelio (gospel principles). We choose what we want to do in this life, who we want to be, and only we can choose it. Choose wisely!

Oh my gosh, this week we were attacked by dogs!! We were knocking doors and all of a sudden we turn around and there are 4 or 5 little dogs at our ankles barking like crazy and my 'daughter' decides to try and feed ME to them! hahaha She reminded me of you mom, always hiding behind us on roller coasters haha;) We ran away quite quickly,  luckily no one else was around to see us run away like sissies!! haha I so did not want to have to go the hospital for rabies shots! ay ay ay

chi chi chi le le le viva Chile! Looks like my country beat yours in the game this week. Chile pride! Woot woot haha I love how people here always inform us about los partidos de fĂștbol (soccer games).

Well,  that was everything that was exciting this week. It is so awesome, we are seeing many miracles. One of my goals for this year is to learn how I can consagrar (consecrate) myself more to the lord and this week we had a conference with presidente about the ley de consagracion (law of consecration); it was so awesome. We have to be consecrated to enter into Heaven,  so ask yourself  "what can I do to be more consecrated? What more should I be giving to the lord?" Try as hard as you can to make your path back to the lord STRAIGHT.

I love this work. I love the Lord. Choose to follow Christ.

Hermana Thompson
BAPTISM DAY!!
The Bria's & a completo

No comments:

Post a Comment