mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, February 9, 2015

The Love of God

Happy Valentines Day! I hope everyone has a little bit of time to focus on the love of Christ. Moroni 7:47 comparta este amor con los demás eso es la caridad, compartir el amor de nuestro Salvador y Padre Celestial. Yo sé que cada uno de nosotros somos hijs de Dios y él nos ama tanto que envió su hijo que podemos tener la vida eterna. (share this love with others, it is charity, sharing the love of our Savior & Heavenly Father. I know that each of us is a child of God and He loves us so much He sent His Son that was may have eternal life.)

Bueno... okay. ¿qué paso esta semana? (what happened this week?) Every Monday I have to think hard about what to write haha So many things happen every day, it is difficult to include everything in an hour. But let's see... 

So I kinda have a lot of time in this sector... more than 6 months, so I pretty much know it backwards, forwards, and side to side. I know my neighbors here better than I did at home lol. anyway, so I know a lot of people and sometimes it's hard because I feel like I have talked to everyone, knocked every door... but as president says it is time to knock the windows. so we went exploring. it's kind of hard to explain, but we found these houses behind houses... incredible! I don't know how I missed there were houses behind this BIG wall en el sector. There are like 6 or 7 houses on this terreno (ground). I can't explain the houses but they are different than every other house in our sector, they are really humble homes. anyway, the first house we knocked on, they let us in. Turns out there is a family with 9 kids living here! ah. Gold. 2 of the daughters are 20 and 22 and accepted fechas (dates) for the 7 of march! amazing. 

This same day we found a man in another house and his name is Claudio. We started this new thing in our mission of handing out a card with christ ton it hat says "sígueme" and the other side has a picture of baptism so people really understand our purpose as missionaries. So when we contacted him with the card, he got teary eyed and said that he has really been missing the spiritual things in his life. He let us in and began to weep saying that we were angels sent to his home to bring him what he needs. He was so receptive to the message of the restoration. I know this is the true gospel. The Spirit is real and will touch the hearts of people in need. He is so awesome!! I love being a missionary and bringing the world Christ's true gospel. 

Stand in holy places, do not let people pull you down, have courage to walk away when you can feel that the Spirit is not present. A lot of times I feel like we feel the devil for the things he is capable of but muchas veces olvidamos que Dios es aun más poderoso (often forget that God is even more powerful). We should fear God and the judgement that WILL take place rather than the devil at THIS moment because of temptation. 

Look up and around and enjoy the beauty of this wonderful creation from a wonderful father

At the end of every day we need to ask, "what did I do today to follow Christ?" What do I need to change so that I am not following a different path. When it all comes down to it, what is most important is if we chose to dedicate our day to following Christ or did we get caught up in the world. 

lots of love and hugs and kisses this week 

Hermana T
Zone Olimpo
Happy Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment