mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, December 15, 2014

oh christmas Time

Pues, cada semana (each week) is so packed. But I can't even tell you how much I love christmas time on the mission, it is so awesome. If you have not taken the time to see "he is the gift" yet, you need to. We have been sharing the video with everyone and I pretty much have it memorized haha. Christ is the first and perfect gift. Every human being is blessed by this first gift. This week I have been really reflecting on what this gift actually 'means' to me and how I can utilize the gift better in my life. I love being able to take time in reflect and just think. I have really learned how to think and act. 

Make this season's focus all on Christ. Read the story of Christ in the Bible, and look for all of the references of the birth of Christ in the Book of Mormon. He is the reason for the time of year; He is the reason to celebrate and be joyful. 

Well, this week we found Carol and Mari, mom and daughter. The daughter has 11 years. I don't know if it is just me, but all of the 11/12 year olds look way bigger than my Carsyn Rae. haha. I want you to stay my little rae rae;)  Mari is super interested, it was awesome. She read her homework and everything. I just love this time of year because as missionaries, all we do is testify of Christ and people are more willing to listen about christ during the holidays. 

Happy Birthday to Talia, the big 8! ready for your baptism?! :) It is such an important step in your life. Literally, it is the entrance to eternal life. I love it! That is what we do as missionaries, help people along the path to eternal life. 

We are still trying to figure out skype... no place here have cameras sooooo.... yeah idk. we are working on it. (I'll send one Fed Ex if I have to!

This week we have our Mission Christmas Party and then I am participating in the "mission christmas choir". 

I love the work. 

"Today is the day to prepare to meet God."

xoxo

Hermana Thompson




No comments:

Post a Comment