mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Christ is the reason for singing

So this week was packed. Wednesday we had interviews with Presidente. Thursday was the misión christmas activity. Friday, Saturday and Sunday we had the Musical Presentation for Christmas. wow.

Let's see if I can sum up this week in an email...

We were in such a rush all week. We had to leave the house on friday at 4:30 and we still weren't sure exactly how we were going to do splits, it was just crazy stressful but at like 4:10 we entered an investigator's house, carol y Mari. I WAS SO STRESSED AND we needed to make a few phone calls with the ZL and some hermanas in Maipú so I entered the home not really focused (bad.) Well, we had a little small talk, asked if they read the BoM, and then we popped in our pen drive to watch "He is the gift". It was a quick 2 minutes, but it moved Carol to tears... a humbling experience for me in helping redirect myself and focus my mind back to Christ and my investigator AND NOT what was going to happen in 10 minutes. I think we get so caught up in everything being perfect that we miss moments like this to feel the spirit and allow it to touch our hearts. It was a really tender moment as she expressed her feelings about the video. Afterwards, she gave such a heartfelt prayer, pleading our father to help those in need at this time and that we may all remember the true meaning of christmas.

Christmas miracles! We took like 2 steps onto a street and then stopped, and then went to the next street over...I didn't think anything of it, but we were just walking and nearly to the end of the street when we hear "mission eras" (by the way, I love being a missionary... it makes me happy:)) We flipped around quickly to see 2 women with a guagua coming out of a house. As it turns out they are members and wanted a blessing on their house. So we left and returned with Hermano Pereira. I love being an instrument in God's hands and being guided by the Spirit. It is so cool! It was awesome to talk with them and hear their story. P and her cousin Eli live in the house with a baby. They have been members for quite some time, but lost sight of the eternal perspective.

I know Christ was born in a manger in Bethlahem, I know he was a miraculous birth. Last week, I watched bible videos of the nacimiento (birth) of christ. WOW. http://www.mormonchannel.org/bible-videos

The choir was really good! We sang with angels. I love christmas songs, It brings the Spirit so strong! agh. We are planning to go caroling door to door :) haha that should be fun!

¡Feliz Navidad!
#sharethegift

Hermana Thompson






No comments:

Post a Comment