mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, October 6, 2014

time flies when you are having fun!

WOW...this is how I feel just about every week, seriously the work is so great and with general conference this past weekend, it was even better!! I took so many notes and literally, the spirit spoke to me. I know there are so many things that all of us can improve on. The talks were the same in every country and every language, but the difference in conference for everyone is 'what' the Spirit spoke to each of us individually. 

I seriously loved and was so indulged in every talk. I enjoyed their speaking in their native language. The Spirit does not have language barriers, something I have greatly learned while on my mission. Although I still do not speak the language perfectly, I really just need to follow the spirit. 

Well, Monday night we visited with a contact right before curfew. Ana was home as was her paraje and 3 kids and so we taught the whole family... and we put a baptismal date :) yay!!!! That's what I am talking about. They are so prepared, just need to pray to receive an answer.

I loved Elder Ballard's talk about 'staying in the boat'. We find safety in the gospel, safety from the big old ocean that can swallow us up. Stick to the gospel. Be dedicated in learning the basics (prayer, scripture study, fhe, attending the temple), there is where you will always find the answers of how we can strengthen our faith and be more converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Seriously every talk was awesome. Like you said dad, they talked a lot about the prophet during sunday morning conference. As missionaries, we felt like most of the talks were puros palos . hahaha. Oh, we watched conference at the stake center in the high counsel room as gringos to enjoy English for just a little bit. I took so many notes I don't even know what to share haha. Sorry, every monday I feel my mind is racing I have so much to share... but then my mind goes blank when I am in front of the computer. 

I seriously love the mission. I love living the gospel so fully, it is such a blessing to be a member of the Church of JESUS CHRIST. I know it and I love it.
I love being a Mormon :)

Hermana T
the internet cafe I email from every monday! Gotta love Google Earth;)
the elders burn a white shirt at their halfway mark, AND the hermanas...
WE are ready for General Conference, ARE YOU?!



No comments:

Post a Comment