mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, October 27, 2014

god is good

Week 1 of this cambio. My memory is so shot, it's a joke. 

I think I am going to get skin cancer, there is a hole in the ozone layer here and the sun is so strong...I got sun burned. I put sunscreen on my neck and face but forgot my arms and feet. mom, if you could send some suncreen in that next package that be great :) 

Javiera asistió ayer (attended yesterday)!! She is so adorable, she asked 'so when is my baptism fecha (date) again?' She is so awesome...progressing a whole ton. 

Hna Salazar and I are working hard together, she is so awesome! We have a lot of fun together, we laugh a ton. This week, we were getting into the groove and we hit the ground running. Seriously, we teach really well together. The spirit has been so strong in our lessons, it's awesome!

I am so grateful for the holy ghost. I am grateful for this time I have to really focus and to feel. This world is crazy and it is easy to get caught up in other things, even as a missionary, but it is so important to 'stop' and 'listen' and 'feel'. 

I just want to say how important a parent's example is in a child's life...seriously! I am oh so so grateful for my parents who raised me and taught me. Although, yeah, I made a lot of mistakes (sorry mom and dad :)) I always had my parents to show me the way back if I strayed a little off track. Parents, you are a HUGE part of your kids destiny, do all you can to show them the way to follow christ. It is the ONLY way that will bring salvation. We watched the 'Prodigal Son' last night for a fhe and it was so powerful. We all sin differently but every single one of us, no importa our temptations (does not matter our temptations) or errors...we ALL need to repent. 

"God knowest thy thoughts and the intents of thy heart." Always try to have your mind clear, it is something I have really been focusing on. In D&C 4, it talks about serving god with all thy heart, might, mind and strength. Strength, I have got down with time in the mission field. Physically, I can do day to day. Pero me cuesta (but more difficult) the mind...my mind wanders a lot. I am trying really hard to keep my mind on the work and praying everyday for the strength to always stay focused. 

I know this church is true. God is the Father. We must be born as spiritual children through baptism...God is great. 

Mormon 9:18-21

xoxo
hermana T

Samian y emilia 

Danai, Ailene, Ghiselyn...3 adoarble little girls



No comments:

Post a Comment