mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, October 13, 2014

miracles exist.

Seriously, i about died seeing those cutouts DAD!! good work! my comp thinks we gringos are crazy;) A big ole' Congrats to aunt Kristen on your marriage!! You look beautiful and oh so happy! 

Happy Birthday shout out to Hud!, TT and Paige, and Poppy!! Wish I could celebrate with you!

Okay, well this week was crazy to say the least... tuesday we went to Plaza de Armas to renew my comps visa, wednesday we had divisiones with hna bustamante. thursday we had a mega zone conference. friday we had planificacion (planning). saturday we had planned to go to the temple with Pancho so he could do baptisms for his brothers, but let's just say I caught a virus and was throwing up. I was feeling a little better later in the day, so we went to lunch with family Pereira, I had just a little bit of rice and yeah the virus struck again. I knew there would be opposition surrounding this special day, I just didn't know it would be ME! fome...Hno. Pereira gave me a priesthood blessing and it gave me comfort and helped me have the strength to overcome the bug. We ended up going to the temple, it was so beasutiful. Pancho was so nervous and so was Virginia tambien. The spirit of Elijah was so strong. My comp and I have had so many spiritual experiences with Tomas and Jesus (Pancho's deceased brothers). We could feel their presence and their anxiety (anticipation) for the work to be done...we could feel them present at the temple. Such peace and happiness. Virginia said she felt like she could feel them go to paradise, it was so impressing. They died in water and then they were baptized in water to be brought back to life and save for time and all eternity. Such a great moment. 

We also had a nuevo (new investigator) Gabriela (21 años) and she is so awesome!!!! We contacted her about a week ago and we could just tell she was golden. Altito, we put a fecha for next sunday...she is going to be baptized. She is one of those investigatores that says sí, sí sí.... I love this work.

Really, the temple was the highlight of my week. cualquier opposicion (whatever the opposition), but that doesn't stop us! We just have to keep moving forward, always looking towards Christ. 

I love this gospel and all that comes with it. My life has been blessed tremendously and I have seen the gospel change and bless the lives of so many. I have a personal testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know it and I love it.

xoxox
Hermana Thompson

Special day at the temple for Pancho and his family

No comments:

Post a Comment