mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Baptism!

yeah so last night Monica and Hellen were baptized!!!!!!! freaking milagro, de verdad, and Ariel blessed the sacrament! ah. it was such a great sunday!

This week hermana Selk and I did divisions to do our visa in Santiago. We were pretty much there all day Martes and didn't even finish. for one part we literally waited for 2 1/2 hours! I talked to this man from Colombia for a while. It was cool to see so many people from different countries doing there visas. Well like I said we didn't finish Martes so we went Viernes tambien and finally finished. that was a little hectic and we also got sick this week... weh. Martes we ate lunch at this little chinese restaurant despues nuestras visas. yeah the next day we were throwing up. super fun. but nonetheless we still had a successful week!

So like I said yesterday was so great! I literally got teary eyed durante la sacramental because it was seriously so awesome to see Ariel bless the sacrament for the first time. such a blessing. wow. the spirit was so strong and the spirit was just testifying to me so strong of the truth and the importance of the santa cena. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to remember la expiacion de jesucristo por medio de la santa cena cada domingo perseverar hasta cada domingo. Adriana and José were at church yesterday with Kiara. Adriana is a menos active and José es su parade. He was inactive but we do not have his register ... entonces we are teaching him and their daughter Kiara she has 10 years. José is seriously so great. He has such a desire to learn all he can and do the right things. Hermana Selk and I taught them Saturday night mosiah 13 and he was so excited he could mark his scriptures  he ran upstairs to get a notebook to take notes. ah. He is just seriously so great., such a desire to follow Christ and change his life around. I love being a missionary and helping others come to Christ. It is such a blessing to see Christ enter people's lives and see the hope in their eyes grow. 

The baptism last night was tan bakan. Monica y Hellen were my first lesson in the field and I had the privilege to witness them make the first covenant with padre celestial and be baptized! They were both so nervous before haha, they're adorable. Monica was so afraid to go under the water, but she was a champ and did it twice! haha and the water was cold... poor ladies... we have had issues with the baptismal font but it all worked out! The president of the socsoc made them hot chocolate after. There faces despise were so priceless; so clean and pure and perfect. The happiest moment in my mission so far... I was skipping and singing hymns all the way home haha. it was so great! Oh yeah, and I had to give a talk too! wah. 2 minutes antes, pero I preach the gospel everyday so I just talked about the importance of baptism and how happy I was for them, such a blessing. 

The ward gave us a list of menos active families to visit. We heard that this one family, la familia melipil, doesn't want anything to do with the church and all this stuff but when we visited them, they received us! milagro. the husband wants to come back to church! We are not supposed to prepare lessons for menos actives anymore so we just rely completely on the spirit, it is so awesome! the spirit really tells us exactly what they need. Most menos actives need love and attention; they need to know someone cares and is thinking about them and reaching out. I am learning so much here. Most of all, I have learned how to be a better member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

We had another milagro ayer. We felt like we needed to go visit this family, but we weren't quite sure why because when we had talked to them, they had said they wouldn't be at their house. well we went anyway and on our way, a member flagged us down and said he had a referencia for us so we decided to call him and see when we could meet. He asked where we were and we just happened to LITERALLY be right outside of his house. He is the neighbor of the family we were going to visit! He walked outside and we taught him! He is so golden, seriously so ready to accept the gospel. Marcelo. His family is evangelico but he is really interested to learn more about this religion. seriously he is so prepared. 

Well, like always, I witnessed many miracles during this week, I know this church is true. I know Christ lives and through him we can live with god and our families again. I know that you nor I are never alone! Christ feels our pains. He is the perfect consolador. 

Hasta la próxima semana
Stay strong!

Hermana T


No comments:

Post a Comment