mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, May 19, 2014

There is always hope

Well this week was a little slow... we had a lot of citas fall through. Pero that is the life of a missionary! 
Monica and Hellen have their fecha for this Sunday! They were at church yesterday and everything looks good to go!! They have such a grand desire to do the right thing. They know the truth. So awesome! Seriously, they are such a blessing in my life. I have so much love for them. It's really cool too becuase they were my first lesson in the field! 
Nothing really big happened this week. Oh, I did have my first talk yesterday! I talked about esperanza. I think it went well. I was sooo nervous though haha. I love the esperanza we have through the gospel. I shared 1 peter 3:15. The hope that is in us is seen by others. We have a different view about life. Ether 12:32 esperanza is a necessity in order to live with heavenly father again. With the gospel in our lives we can feel peace during times of war. A lady that was visiting our ward came up to me after the sacrament meeting and thanked me for my discurso. A veces we don't know why we do things but I have come to realize that it is becuase the Lord needs us to be his hands. We can be the answer to peoples prayers. By being an answer to this womans prayers, I found an answer to my own. It is amazing what the spirit can do. I love it! 
Because of our fallen citas we did a lot of contacts and tried knocking on doors with not a whole lot of success, but we have a lot of citas lined up this week! We found a contact, Patricia, el viernes y tuvimos una cita con ella el sabado. Ella es super buena! Her mom falleció en diciembre, so super recent. We taught her the plan of salvation and she loved it. There is so much peace in the plan. De verdad I would be so lost if I didn't know that there was something after this life. whew. 
El Sabado tuvimos un servicio de la zona en nuestro sector, we planted arbols. It was actually a lot of fun. haha I was definitely sore the next day though! We met some great people though because we had our SUD aprons on lol
Well, I think that is about it for this week. 
I know this church is true!
The gospel isn't about doing...but becoming
fe es creer, actuar, y poder
chou 

Hermana Thompson


No comments:

Post a Comment