mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Feliz día de la Mamá

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother´s Day! It was so great to see and talk to my family. I just want to take a second and "thank" my mom, grandmas, aunts, and all of the women who have been such great examples to me throughout my life, always serving and showing me the correct way. Women of such strength and faith. You Rock!!

Well this week was wow, milagros everywhere. First off, we had 3 menos activos en la capilla ayer! Two of the families have not been to church in YEARS!!!! Holy cow I was smiling so hard. Leyla was there with her whole family of 6...her husband and his son aren't members. Adriana was also there with José, her spouse who is a member, and their daughter Kiara who is our investigador. ah! People can change, it is never too late to follow the light in your life. No test in life is big enough to not overcome. The gospel is always here and Heavenly Father is just waiting to pour blessings upon you. I love the picture of Christ in his red robe knocking on the door. I love how the door has no handle. We need to open the door to let Christ in. Let him in.

This week in zone conference someone shared the story of the little train that could. At times we feel inadequate, especially for me being on a mission. I have not felt ready to be here preaching the gospel. But I promise you if I can be here in Chile teaching the gospel, you can do anything! Have the faith in yourself to say "yes I can, yes I can." Faith. 

One hermana shared a story about when she went to the temple, not all of her siblings were able to make it for various reasons. She said it was one of the most happy and yet also the worst feeling to be in the celestial room because not all of her family was there. Can you imagine getting to the celstial kingdom and not being with all of your family? It hurst my heart to think about not being with Cole, or Chris, or Carsyn forever. NO EMPTY CHAIRS! We need to do all we can to help our family stay strong and keep growing in the gospel. The atonement is real and we can help others come to know their savior. I know that the power of the atonement is real and we have the power to change and be forgiven. 

We met a lot with less actives this week. We are working really hard on the 'plan piloto'. Our zone has a lot of animo right now! We are hitting the ground running. Hermana Velazquez and I had 2 lessons this week and 7 nuevos. 

Since I talked to you guys two days ago, I don't really have much to say lol. But this week was great, I love the work! I miss you, but there is no where else I would rather be right now. I am doing great.

Love Hermana Thompson 





No comments:

Post a Comment