mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Walk how Jesus walked

Okay so pretty much on saturday our lunch cancelled on us so we had to eat in the house and just cuando (when) we were about to eat, a man came to our gate "halo" (a form of 'hello') so I went to see what he wanted and my comp followed...and boom, a gust of wind shut our door. Well, the keys just happened to be on the inside of the door! In Chile, there aren't door handles, you open the door with the key, no más. And the phone and everything else happened to be in the house. Our back window was open but there are bars so we couldn't fit through. We were outside for 6 hours trying to open the door or even get the phone so we could call the pensionistas (landlord). Well we managed to get the phone out of my "fanny" and used a stick to call the elders. This is just a short version of what happened...

We had a special capacitación (conference)with presidente y hermana Barreiros this week. It was super awesome. We watched a video about the atonement and the misión work. I am sure I am not the first to say that this work is not by any means easy, without a doubt this is the hardest thing I have ever done. However, the life of Christ was not easy either. In fact, he felt more pain and suffered more than any of us, so why should life be easy? Why would I expect the mission field to be easy when it was never easy for Christ. I feel like I am experiencing just 1% of all that Christ endured. We are not alone in this journey, there is one who has walked the path that we are walking. He is perfect. He is without sin. He is above all others. He is our Savior. 

The work is slowing down here but we are working harder than ever. I believe that is what happens in life, struggles come when we feel that we are doing everything possible. It is a way to be tried. That is the time to show our faithfulness, the time to prove ourselves and not give up. We are just plowing the field and it takes some time to let the seeds sprout and begin to grow...then we shall see fruits of our labor. I have learned so much patience while in the misión haha. It is not my timing, but the lord's.

When times get rough and we become anxious, annoyed, frustrated, sad, mad, or whatever the feeling, remember the love of God. Remember God's love for you specifically, and for every other person here on this earth. Only He can comfort you and remove those feelings of despair so you may feel hope and light in your life. I am pushing through, I love this work. 

Hermana Thompson

Yep, this really happened! Quite resourceful aren't we?!


No comments:

Post a Comment