mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Monday, September 8, 2014

week in the work

Well we had cambios! I am still in el conquistador, but now I am companions with Hna. Carretero (Argentina). I am so happy to still be here...literally, there is still so much work to do here :)

dun dun dun. Veronica was baptized yesterday!!!! It was so awesome. She was so excited and emotional to take this step but so prepared to accept the gospel. I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to teach her the truth, golden. She actually had a dream the other night of her baptism and she told us after she was basptized that it was exactly what she had dreamed...so cool! She went down into the water in such peace, so gracefully; seriously like an angel. I love her so much. She is such an example to me. I know that the key to conversion is the book of mormon, she is evidence of that. Before the baptism her son asked her if she really wanted to do this and she said she has never been so sure of anything in her life, she is going to be faithful and such an example to her family. 

Saturday we had an activity of the stake, it was so awesome! We played games like tug of war, they danced the cueca and we ate empanadas...oh how I love chile pride! ¡viva chile!

Yesterday Pancho received the sacerdocio (priesthood)! It was so awesome. Hermano golaz ordained him, but because it was his first time the bishop was whispering in his ear what to say. It was cool because once again it was like Pancho was receiving the priesthood for himself and his twin brother. Pancho told us that when they put their hands on his head he could feel it from his head to his toes it's awesome to see his progression, he is so on top of things. 

Friday I was on divisions with Hermana Flores (Honduras), she is super great!! It was a lot of fun! We found a nuevo contacting, Sandra and we put a fecha for the 28 of sept. Score! Seriously, there are so many people here that are prepared!

I received your package mom and dad!!! thank you!! I love the instargram books, they're awesome!!! And I got your postcard and a letter from Cole! I love it! Thanks for sending the LOVE. 

Write the words of the book of mormon on your heart by doing the things it says!

During the passing of the sacrament, I was reading Moroni 4:3 y 5:2 as always, but yesterday the words "testifiquen ante ti" (witness unto thee) really stuck out to me. Literally every single one of us are testigos de cristo. We testify of christ through our actions, by keeping the commandments, simpre remembering him in all things. I am so grateful for the sacrament to help me renovar and remember my covenants that I made at baptism. 

wow my english is really bad... I apologize!

xoxox
Hermana Thompson
too many photos to choose from! 

No comments:

Post a Comment