mis-sion-ary (noun)
someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for Eternity.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Week 3 in Spirit Prison

Hey guys!

So last week was a pretty rough week to say the least... I have had a cough the entire time i have been here; so I think it was last Wednesday I went to the doctor and he told me i had a sinus infection. I took some antibitoics and ended up back there about 30 minutes later feeling super sick. I was weak and couldn´t even keep my arms straight. I had a fever and i don't even know what else...he said it was vagas vagel (or something like that). I guess when i walked outside, the sun didn't mix well with the anticbiotic. So that ended in a 3 hour nap for the day haha. It felt so nice! I am doing much better now!! No more cough. Oh, so that night I had to take cough syrup, holy crap that stuff made me loopy! I dont even remember what happened. Apparently i fell down the stairs twice though and i was saying the weirdest things, i was crazy... 

So we got new teachers this week. Hna. Ceballos, Hno. Leva y Hno. Rossi. Rossi told me i look like a chileano! woohoo now i just need to sound like one. The spanish is coming veryyyyyy slowly, extremely. haha

We ate a bunch of humble pie this last week; we still have so much to learn. So, sabado was just rough over all. We went into to a couple of lessons and were pretty much told how much we suck. It was great:( I was just done with the day! We got on the bus and something happened...I put my head down and the tears just started falling. Lets just say I couldn't control myself. I asked the elders for a blessing; I am so grateful for the priesthood in my life. Elder Gamboa was prepared to listen to what the Lord wanted to say to me. It could not have been more perfect! As I work diligently the lord will bless me, I just need to put my trust in him.

This past week I have been focuisng a lot on TRUST. We must trust the Lord in ALL we do. Trust Trust Trust. It is so essential to our success; Satan wants us to be discouraged. It is during those times that we need christ the most. Endure it well and depend on the savior. Let him be your crutch and strength in all you do. He will not abandon us so we must never abandon him. He trusts us so we must trust him. We must work diligently though and earn his trust. He will carry us through any challenge we face. Our own weakness is the only thing that keeps us from Christ.

Oh i found a picture of Mason Porter here haha super random! Oh and Elder Cameron Litza knows Amelia and Sami Day, and Lexy and Hailey Busath!! crazy small world. I love it! Elder Michael Brock knows Chris Wible who worked with me at Vivint. They are in the same home ward. 

Look up the song "I´ll find you my friend" perfect mission song. Elder Gamboa sang it and the song just spoke to me, incredible. I am here to find the people I made promises to...my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ. I am a tool in the Lord's work. 

Oh, we taught the Latinos last night... they speak no english and we were allowed no notes. We taught the restoration and man we rocked it! You have to have bad days in order to recognize the good things that make a day good. 

I love the Book of Mormon!!!! Read 3 Nephi 14:7-11 and 2 Nephi 29 7-8, 10. The book of mormon is true. I reread the title and introduction pages and they are so great. 

Watch The Legacy movie if you have not yet seen it.

The new CCM (mtc) president and his wife (Dahl) got here last night, he went to Elk Grove High... 

I know my letters are all over the place and I apologize, so much happens in a week!
I am doing well though. This place is a roller coaster. I am learning and growing each and every day. The gospel is true and I love this work. I know Joseph Smith restored Jesus Christ's church on the earth and i know Thomas S. Monson receives revelation from god for us. God loves us all so much. I love you!!
Hermana Thompson

couldn't do this without them!
The gang

Elder Brock & Me
                             
GQ Elders


just follow the sign 
hard at work...

Here I am
my companion, Hermana Truman
My chilean bed

I belong to the church of Jesus Christ...
I love to see the Temple... 

Hermanas Arndt, Weist, Thompson, & Truman



No comments:

Post a Comment